Photo c/o Kentucky Football (Twitter)
As we approach Gameday on Saturday, Sept. 23, here are my 5 keys to victory for the Cats:
1. Control the clock. Just like last week, if we can win the time of possession game, we have a great shot at winning. Keep the ball out of their hands and have some long drives, just like we did against USC.
2. RUN THE BALL. We should try to run the ball 50+ times if possible. This will ensure we win the time of possession, but we have the ability to do damage to them on the ground.
3. Don't get greedy. We need to take a couple of shots downfield, but don't get too greedy with it. There isn't anything wrong with nickel and diming down the field just completing 5 and 10 yard passes. Florida is missing a lot of key playmakers through suspension and injury, but they still have ATHLETES. We don't need to look pretty, just get the job done.
4. Defense needs to stop he run. This is going to be the first true test to a running team. EKU and USC are throwing teams. USM had to play from behind. Yes, we look good on paper with 57 yds rushing per game and ranking third in the country, but Florida's run game is one we haven't seen yet. We need the front 7 on Defense to step up big.
5. BE LOUD!!! We have a sold out Kroger Field and this crowd needs to come out roaring and loud until the final whistle. We have a real shot to do something great and make some noise in the SEC. If you're coming out to the game, BE LOUD and WEAR BLUE!
Let's go get this win and start the season off 4-0!!!