Coach's Corner: Stoops Presser and Keys to a W
Coach Stoops held his final press conference of the week today after practice this evening.
Here are the highlights from Coach:
1. Jordan Jones status will be updated next week. He will not play this week.
2. Charles Walker is questionable. If he can not go on Saturday look for Lynn Bowden and Garrett Johnson to get work more time in the slot.
3. They worked on simulating the tempo of Missouri. All coaches this week have talked about having to pick their spots to sub on defense. Will be easier to do when the ball is close to our sideline. Coach Stoops did say a players conditioning will be a factor this week on defense and their ability to get on and off the field.
4. On the offensive side of the ball they have to "get back to clean football". They have to be physical and establish a run game.
5. The OL will still mix and match 8 players in a rotation. Six games in to the season and coach says they have confidence in those guys.
Last time I checked we were still a 10 point favorite and I look for us to win and cover the spread. I will also give you an advanced look at my predictions for the game. UK will score more than 30 points and we will score in every phase of the game....Offense, Defense and Special Teams! We are less than 48 hours away till kick off and here are my (Coach Lile's) keys to a W.
Offense: I agree with Coach. We have to come out, be physical and establish a run game early. This will open up our passing game (both short and deep) and allow us to control the tempo of the game.
Defense: DB's have to have a good game. The longer they can cover the Missouri WR's the more time they give the Blitz Family to get to the QB. This pressure could force some mistakes and lead to some turnovers and possibly a Defensive Touchdown (see my bold prediction).
Special Teams: Take advantage of opportunities. If the offense stalls on a drive, they have to flip the field. When we get in the red zone and can not score the TD we have to hit our FG's and get points. All units have to continue to hustle and make plays.
Here is my final key to a W......
PACK THE HOUSE
SUPPORT THIS FAMILY!